Saturday, October 10, 2009

Light the Night 2009

As all of you know, we created a team to honor my father in the Light the Night Walk. For me this walk was a huge deal and it is was an even bigger deal my father would be walking with us. Almost a year ago my dad had surgery and we were not sure if he would even be here today, but he is and he is doing awesome! WE did this walk to celebrate his life and that he was living with cancer, but he is alive!

We managed to raise about $600 thanks to all of our awesome friends and family! It was so awesome to have our friends there to walk with us, walk with my dad really! He walked the whole thing and did awesome.

I cannot tell you the feeling of walking with thousands of people and all the balloons. Its an amazing sea of red balloons and then some white, being cancer survivors, and gold, being those who have passed. It was awesome!





























No comments: